Image Map

Monday 31 August 2015

Growing Up With Two Older Sisters...

I am the youngest of 3 children with one sister being 6 years older than me and the other 8. When we were younger the usual fighting and bickering occurred between us all and I thought that it would never change. However as I have heard with a lot of people, me and my sisters have had a great relationship since they moved out of the family home. I do not know why but it suddenly sprung into my mind to write a post about the benefits of growing up with two older sisters - both who I looked up to immensely and still do.


Second Mother - My oldest sister Kirsty was like a second mother to me growing up. My mum worked and my dad has never really been in my life so she used to take me out a lot. Kirsty went on to be a wonderful mother of 3 children and Jen to 2. That is another point actually, watching them being fab mothers will hopefully help me when if I eventually have children (that is if I am not put off by then)


Hand-me-Down Clothes - I always felt like I had the coolest clothes growing up as Jen would come round with bags full of hand-me-downs after cleaning out her wardrobe. It never actually dawned on me that she must have been giving them away as they were no longer the most fashionable anymore though... Still I appreciate it! My sisters were also my source of fashion inspiration, I just thought they were the bees knees.


Hair and Makeup Artists - Along with helping me out in the fashion department, they also helped me with my overall beauty routine. I liked to copy their hairstyles but also liked letting Kirsty do my hair. I have a school photo of me in primary school looking like a little pirate with a full head of individual pleats but at the time I felt amazing. Kirsty also used to pluck my eyebrows for me saving me from many awful 'I cannot believe my eyebrows were like that' photos.


Always Have a Shopping Partner - If I ever need to go find an outfit for a special occasion or just generally feel like shopping (which isn't much, I am poor) one of my sisters are always more than happy to come. I am never stuck for a shopping partner!


Someone to Talk to - Again they are always there if I need to talk to someone. I can literally say anything to them and get great advice and their honest opinion back. Everyone needs that.






I never thought that I would be so soppy towards my sisters but I really could not imagine growing up with anyone else. My sisters are definitely my best friends, even though they are annoying sometimes.









12 comments:

  1. That is absolutely lovely, I have always wanted a sister but I had three younger brothers whilst growing up and I quite enjoyed being the oldest of them ;)xxx

    BlondeOfCarbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, bet it felt great to boss them about ha ha!

      Delete
  2. amazing post !!

    also I love your background/design its gawjus !!!!

    Jadiee'sLittleBlogGIVEAWAY


    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos :) Kiss from France, Sand.

    FRENCH GOES BACK TO SCHOOL on my FRENCH BLOG:
    http://www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww this was such a sweet and lovely post to read :) I always take my brother shopping with me but just doesn’t have the same level of fun that I imagine sisters would.

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, the only boy I drag around shopping with me is my boyfriend and I do not think he enjoys it too much!

      Delete
  5. amazing post !! :) I have little sister and I know how is the feeling, when we go shopping or other things :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me of me and my 2 sisters. Similar to you, I am the youngest. It is true that the oldest one is kind of like a mother figure lol.

    Xo
    With Love Banke | A Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah definitely:) its a lovely relationship to have

      Delete