Being the creature of habit that I am, Revlon Colourstay was my foundation of choice for years. In addition to this, it was/is so hard to find another brand that provides a pale enough shade for me. Most shades labeled 'ivory' on offer come up unpleasantly orange on my face which is rather annoying. Come on, a little help for the pale girls please.
As I have fallen a little out of love with my Revlon foundation, I was desperately hunting through Boots and found the L'Oreal Infallible 24H foundation in the shade Porcelain. I absolutely love when brands offer this colour option and wish more would do it. My expectations were high due to so many great reviews online, here are my final thoughts:
- Offers full coverage without looking cakey
- Blends easily and does last a long time (I cannot confirm it lasts a whole 24 hours though)
- Does not oxidize and matches my pale skin perfectly
- Not drying therefore works on my extremely dry skin
- I have to constantly powder my face throughout the day as my t-zone gets really oily (something which I have not experienced before)
- Did not apply as smooth when I put on primer first
So overall, I really do love the smooth finish of this foundation and the colour is perfect for me. It works really well on my dry skin, except the fact that it goes extremely oil on my t-zone which is weird for me however this can be fixed easily with powder. Due to this, I feel that someone with oily skin really would not benefit from this formula. It would be a purchase again however I am on the lookout for an even better foundation pale enough for me!
Have you tried this foundation?