There is one thing that I dread when winter comes, this being chapped lips. Horrible cracked lips do not look nice with matte berry lipsticks! Normally my lips get scrubbed to the very last inch of there lives and I apply a not very moisterising lip balm. This year things are different and research has been done into lip saving products, here are the final 8 that I thought would be great for winter:
1. I have actually owned this Blistex lipbalm (£1.75) before and just because of the smell I would definitely repurchase it. The Raspberry lemonade scent forces you to battle not licking your lips, it tastes so good! The balm contains coconut oil, jojoba and vitamins E and C so with no doubt it is definitely moisterising!
2. Barry M is not a brand that I would have looked at for a nourishing balm but judging by the reviews, this Cor Balmy! tinted lip balm (£3.49) sounds great. The core contains vitamin E, jojoba oil and shea butter which sounds like a nourishing mix. The balm comes in 5 different shades, ranging from light pink to a deep berry colour therefore there is so much choice!
3. Ah trusty old Vaseline (£2.18), I have to say this is such a childhood product for me. However now that I am older, I can fully appreciate the hydrating properties of this product. This particular one contains cocoa butter extracts, which also contain vitamin E and antioxidants.
4. When it comes to talking about lip balms, Burts Bees is always mentioned but I am ashamed to say that I have never tried anything from the brand myself. This replenishing lip balm with pomegranate oil (£3.69) sounds mouth watering!
5. Carmex is another well known brand in the lip balm world and yet again I have not tried anything from them. This classic lip balm (£2.69) contains bees wax and menthol which apparently soothes, nourishes and leaves tingling feeling on the lips.
6. Smooch Operator (£5) is designed to nourish extremely dry lips. It definitely sounds promising as it contains many oils such as argan and rose hip. The balm also has mango butter and vitamin E mixed in.
7. The Nivea Lip Tin in Raspberry Rose (£1.68) also sounds like it would smell absolutely amazing. Apparently it soothes, nourishes and moistens the lips, sounds like a great product for the winter months!
8.The Nivea SOS Lip Relief (£3.36) is meant to instantly sooth chapped lips and relieve pain. To do this it contains Dexpanthenol, something which I have never actually heard of but its meant to give a cooling effect. I can imagine this would provide so much relief to chapped lips!
Have you tried any of these products?