Image Map

Monday 31 March 2014

Beauty Things I Suck At!

Ill admit I haven't actually been tagged by anyone to do this but I love the idea of this tag. I always relate to at least one point that other bloggers make, which I find interesting. Hope you enjoy!



1. My Eyebrows

I have good days and bad days with my eyebrows.. however even on good days it takes me at least 20 minutes to do them, it sometimes even takes an hour because I'm so fussy with them! It doesn't help that one is naturally fuller than the other either, just adds even more frustration.

2. Lining/Apply Lipstick Symmetrically

No matter how hard I try I always seem to apply my lipstick squint! I don't actually notice until I see in photos, my problem area is always my cupids bow (As you can see from the picture)

3. Applying Blush

I am so bad at applying blush.. I've actually skipped applying it for years now. I always seem to end up looking like a clown or apply it in the complete wrong place. I've watched countless tutorials on how to apply it but it just wont work for me.

4. Creating Different Hairstyles

I only ever have around 3 hairstyles: straight, curly or in a ponytail. I'm just not very creative.. It doesn't help that I have horrible thin hair with some many different layers.

5. Cleaning My Makeup Brushes Regularly

I know, such a bad habit but I just cannot get into the routine of cleaning my brushes often. I actually need to purchase new ones as mine as so old and are falling apart.



What beauty things do you suck at?





8 comments:

  1. I totally suck at eyebrows too! Mine are completely asymmetrical too, which doesn't help! I used to hate applying blush, purely for fearing the clown look, but after I invested in a Real Techniques blush brush, I found I got a lot better, the super fine bristles only pick up a small amount of pigment at a time so it's never too dark, and the shape is perfect for the apples of your cheeks, I literally sweep it over my cheeks once and it works!
    Loved this post!
    Carrie xx

    carriebrighton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I might go out and buy that brush, sounds perfect!

      Delete
  2. I need to clean my brushes more often than nowadays, such a bad habit for me too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it just feels so time consuming! but it should be done:(

      Delete
  3. Ugggh I should be cleaning my brushes right now as you speak! xx

    Sharlotte | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a love-hate relationship with my blushes, some days I do it perfectly other days I have to try and tone it down because I've overdone it!

    I have my brows done in a salon (HD Brows) and it helps SO much with my eyebrows because I can always do one better than the other (same with eyeliner...grrr!) x

    Sarah @ sarahlouxo.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw about your brows in your post, I really want to look into it! I really dont know how they do it ha ha

      Delete